icon homemini 1  Pet shipping Pet grooming  Pet transport  Kennels     

When moving pets internationally, it's important to make sure that you do not only comply with the requirements for the country of import, but also for your country of exporting an animal.

One of our friendly staff at PetzRush will assist you with whichever documents you may need and in the best timeframe we possibly can.

The relocation of pets can be a daunting task so please read the requirements for your trip very carefully. Make sure you understand fully which pet travel documents you will need.

General Required documentation for CATS & DOGS:                 

    • A valid rabies vaccination (older than 30 days & younger than 1 year) – A few local airlines and most reputable kennels require it.
    • Other vaccination – general Feline and Canine vaccinations are required if pet will be  kenneled.


More and more of us are now traveling with our pets - after all, it doesn't seem like a real vacation if we are not altogether. Whether it is a trip from one state to another within the US, one country to another within the EU or to other countries worldwide, many people are enjoying their trips with their pets on the pet shipping process each year. To have our pets join us, however, takes some real planning, especially the first time traveler on Pet travel.

You must contact your veterinarian to obtain and prepare the necessary certificates, including (if you are going to travel internationally) obtaining the additional signature of a Federal Veterinarian on the health certificate. Finally, always verify all information with the official representative of your destination; the State's Dept. of Agriculture or the Country's Consulate/Embassy, as well as finding out your originating state or country's rules for re-entry.

Although most countries allow you to enter with your pet, some countries impose restrictions to dissuade you from last minute and short-term visits. Sometimes it may be a better choice to leave our pets with a caring friend or neighbor.

Call the Embassy or Consulate of your destination country to confirm while you are planning your Pet shipping trip. They are usually very helpful and provide you with the most up-to-date requirements and additional advice for pet travel projects or travelling with your pet.

Ask the Embassy or Consulate about quarantine policies. If quarantine is required, ask them where the local containment areas are, whether you will need a reservation and what the cost will be.

Ask Embassy or Consulate what the required documents are, where you can obtain the necessary forms and whether you may use your own veterinarian to certify them or whether you need to have them certified by a veterinarian or official from the country you will be visiting.

Ask Embassy or Consulate about vaccinations, tests required, and the procedure for clearing customs.

Always check with your home country to find out what the re-entry requirements are before the pet travel process.

Tell your home Embassy/Consulate where you are traveling to, how long you will be staying and ask what the requirements are for reentry. They also may have useful information regarding traveling with your pet on their website.

NOTE: Pet Travel permits and Pet travel certificates are valid for limited time periods. Make sure your documentation will be valid during your Pet shipping dates.










Contact details:

Telephone:  +27 12 345 6272

Cell:  +27 73 746 5671

Emergency line: +27 78 920 5309

For further contact details

    Trading hours

Mondays to Fridays:  

9am – 6pm

Saturdays: 8am – 4pm

Sundays: 9am – 3pm